- Apple Device Specifications
- Apple Products Catalog
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen 2020 Specifications
Apple iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen 2020 Specifications
Apple iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen 2020
Product Brand: Apple
- High-quality 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion technology
- Powerful A12Z Bionic chip
- Face ID for secure biometric authentication
- USB-C port for charging and connectivity
- Wi-Fi 6 support for fast wireless connectivity
- Available in multiple storage capacities and cellular connectivity options
- Compatible with Apple Pencil 2nd generation and Magic Keyboard
- Expensive compared to other iPad models
- No headphone jack
- Limited software optimizations for the larger display compared to the iPad Pro
- Limited app support for the LiDAR sensor compared to the camera system
Apple iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Generation 2020 Specs and Features
The Apple iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen was launched in March 2020, as the successor to the iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen. It boasts impressive features that make it a popular choice for users who require a powerful and versatile tablet. Let’s take a closer look at the iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen’s specs and features:
Design and Display
- The iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen has a sleek and modern design, with slim bezels and a Liquid Retina display.
- The display measures 11 inches diagonally and has a resolution of 2388 x 1668 pixels.
- It also features ProMotion technology, which automatically adjusts the display’s refresh rate up to 120Hz, making for smoother scrolling and more responsive gameplay.
- The device supports the Apple Pencil 2, which magnetically attaches to the iPad and wirelessly charges.
- The iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen is powered by the A12Z Bionic chip, which delivers high-speed performance for even the most demanding tasks.
- The chip features an eight-core CPU and eight-core GPU, which allows for fluid multitasking and fast app launches.
- It also has a Neural Engine that enables advanced machine learning capabilities, such as facial recognition and natural language processing.
Camera and Audio
- The iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen has a 12-megapixel Wide camera and a 10-megapixel Ultra Wide camera on the back, which allows for stunning photos and videos.
- The camera also features Night mode, which automatically adjusts the settings for low-light photography.
- The device also has a 7-megapixel TrueDepth camera on the front, which supports Portrait mode and Animoji and Memoji.
- The device has a four-speaker audio system, which delivers immersive sound quality for music, movies, and games.
Connectivity and Battery Life
- The iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen supports Wi-Fi 6, which enables faster internet speeds and improved performance in crowded areas.
- It also has a USB-C port, which allows for fast charging and easy connectivity to external devices.
- The battery life of the iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen is rated at up to 10 hours of web browsing, video watching, or music playback.
In summary, the iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Gen (2020) is a powerful and versatile tablet that delivers high-speed performance, stunning visuals, and impressive camera capabilities. Its sleek and modern design, coupled with its advanced features, make it a popular choice among users looking for a premium tablet experience.
Here’s a summary of the technical specifications for the Apple iPad Pro 11-inch 4th Generation tablet:
- Processor/CPU: Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest) Apple A12Z Bionic
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB, 1 TB
- Display/Resolution: 11.0″ 1668×2388 pixels
- GPU/Graphics: Apple GPU
- Camera: 12MP 2160p
- Battery: Li-Po 7538 mAh
- Colours: Silver, Space Gray
Full Technical Specifications
|Device Type||Tablet Computer|
Also known as Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, 2nd generation)
Wi-Fi + Cellular + GPS: A2068, A2230 (Global), A2231 (China)
Wi-Fi only, w/o GPS: A2228 (Global)
A2068, A2230, A2228, A2231, iPad8,9, iPad8,10
|Announced||18 March, 2020|
|Released||25 March, 2020|
|Predecessor||iPad Pro (3rd generation)|
|Successor||iPad Pro (5th generation)|
|Type <strong>Design Type</strong> called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.||Bar|
|Weight||471 g (Wi-Fi), 473 g (LTE) (1.04 lb)|
|Protection||Glass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame|
|Colors||Silver, Space Gray|
|SIM <strong>SIM</strong> (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.||Nano SIM|
|Display Type <strong>Display Technology => </strong> A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)||Liquid Retina display IPS LCD, 120Hz, 600 nits (typ)|
|Size||11.0 inch, 366.5 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1668 x 2388 pixels|
|Pixel Density <strong>Pixel Density (PPI)</strong> is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.||264 PPI density|
|Display Protection <strong>Display Protection => </strong> Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.||Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|3.5mm Audio jack||No|
|Operating System <strong>OS => </strong> Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.||iPadOS 13.4, up to iPadOS 15.5, planned upgrade to iPadOS 16|
|User Interface <strong>UI</strong> or user interface of a device is the look and feel of the on-screen menu system. How it works, its color scheme, how it responds to button presses, all of these things are part of the user interface.||Apple iPad OS|
|Chipset <strong>Chipset</strong> is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.||Apple A12Z Bionic|
|CPU <strong>CPU</strong> (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.||Octa-core (4x2.5 GHz Vortex + 4x1.6 GHz Tempest)|
|GPU <strong>GPU</strong> (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.||Apple GPU (8-core graphics)|
|RAM (Memory) <strong>RAM</strong> (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.||6 GB|
|Internal Storage <strong>Internal Storage</strong> is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.||128/256/512/1TB|
|Card Slot <strong>Memory Card Slot</strong> is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.||No|
|Sensors <strong>Sensors</strong> are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.||
Ambient light sensor
|Bluetooth Features <strong>Bluetooth</strong> is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.||5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR|
|Infrared <strong>Infrared</strong> connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.||No|
|Wi-Fi <strong>Wi-Fi</strong> is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, hotspot|
|USB||USB Type-C 3.1, magnetic connector|
|NFC <strong>NFC</strong> (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inch.|
|HDMI <strong>HDMI</strong> (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from a HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.||No|
Battery or Power
|Battery Type <strong>Battery Type => </strong> Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.||Li-Poly (Lithium Polymer)|
|Capacity <strong>Battery Capacity</strong> is a measure (typically in Amp-hr) of the charge stored by the battery, and is determined by the mass of active material contained in the battery. The battery capacity represents the maximum amount of energy that can be extracted from the battery under certain conditions.||7538 mAh (28.65 Wh)|
Fast charging 18W